Ad

2020-04-24

Random Music Rating RMR: Ep2

Kaleo - Break My Baby (7.5/10)


I am a big fan of this band and i was waiting for what it felt like decade for new song by Kaleo after i discover them with Way Down We Go and there i got into the rabbit hole of Kaleo's songs, especially i addicted listening to Save Yourself, I Can't Go Without You and Pretty Girls (I'll review them later) and they blow my mind with a very nice voice and good play on gitar not to forget how badass the drummer is.

in last month or two Kaleo was back with new album and new songs and i will begin this album with Break My Baby so here we go


Let me talk about the opening of the song; a reflection of how badass it is, when the drums begin to rise my head shake along with it; what a masterpiece it's the Rock type of Kaleo style opening and that's what i love.



The Lyrics


The singer start with his low voice, his tongue was easy with the words, but the verse has a lack of color in my opinion; non the less it was good.
Sun is down on east side
While we all turn a blind eye 
You know I’ve got your back 
But would you ever do that for me? 
For me? For me? For me? 
Well, Billy boy, he’s gifted 
You know you can’t deny it 
Don’t leave us empty handed 
'Cause you know we don’t deserve that from you 
From you, from you, from you
 The chorus is very satisfying for me and has color to it 

I want to break my baby 
You know she loves to fake it 
I wanna to break my baby, yeah 
I wanna hold her down 
I wanna bring her down now 
Oh, now

The second verse was powerful and on the point it's what shape the song for what it is

They’ll take you in and spit you out 
You’re only worth how much you sell 
You’ve come too far, we both agree 
Just give the people what they need
The bridge is my favorite part and in the end of it he repeat the chorus and then a wonderful guitar solo just WOW!

The ending in the outro is a bit disappointment in my opinion,but over all is amazing song, it's my song of the month!

Note: this is not Review this is rating and it just my opinin don't take it too seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment